Sunday, July 31, 2011

THEN WHAT?

One day I was asked a question
What is your life plan?
Is the course of your life
To be ruled by God or man?

I know that there’s a God
And I’ve heard about his son
But all of that religious stuff
Doesn’t sound like fun.

Why are you asking me this question?
You’re rushing things it seems.
I’m sure that in time I’ll realize
All my hopes and dreams.

I guess a career will be my focus
And success will be my goal
I will educate myself
And prepare for my new role.

Then What?

I will search out my career
And prepare to move ahead
Then I’ll find a mate
And we will both be wed.

Then What?

Where you’re going with this question
Truly has me perplexed.
Isn’t the answer obvious?
Of course our kids are next.

Then What?

I will work so very hard
So I can provide the most life brings.
I want to raise my kids
And give my family the best of things.

Then What?

I will put my kids through college
And I’ll be the best at what I do
Our worth will be defined
By all that we accrue.

Then What?

My kids will be successful
And I will retire with my wealth
I will exercise and eat right
So I will have good health.

Then What?

I will be a great grandparent
And focus on family unity
I will do charitable things
And be a pillar of the community

Then What?

The only thing that’s left I guess
It’ll be time for me to die.
I know I’ve lived a good life
And have favor with God on high.

Then What?

I will stand before Mighty God
And show him all I’ve done.
So what will be your answer
When God’s asks about his Son?

I went to church all those years
I said that God is King
I claimed Jesus as my Savior
But I guess I didn’t change a thing.

Then Mighty God’s answer
Caught me by surprise
You never really knew my Son
Through your life of compromise

I’m sorry to say my son
You’re name just isn’t here.
Then all of a sudden my heart
Was filled with doubt and fear.

Hey get your hands off of me.
God they’re taking me away
Yes my son they are
It’s your final judgment day.

I woke up in a cold sweat
And fell to bended knee
Oh Jesus you are My Savior
Oh God please hear my plea

I know what I must do
To avoid this awful fate.
I must live my life for Jesus
I’m Blessed it’s not too late.

So if you die tomorrow
And you stand before the Lord
For the life you’ve chosen to live
What will be your just reward?

I thank God I had that nightmare
Filled with fear and pain
And even still today that question
Keeps echoing in my brain
.
Then what?

By William C. Scheel II
          (Bill)       (Shale)
Started: July 27, 2011
Finished: July 31, 2011


 

No comments:

Post a Comment