Friday, July 8, 2011

THE "I" OF THE STORM

Everyone in this world
experiences joy and strife.
It’s how we deal with both
That truly defines our life.

As the storm of strife attacks us
Do we react in fear?
Or do we just joyfully smile
And know the Lord is near.

How many times in our life
Is it a storm that we create?
When life’s pressure comes to bare
And we just can’t relate.

We think, how can someone
do this awful thing to me?
I will get my revenge
Just you wait and see.

Why do they have so much?
I deserve much more.
I’m offended by your words
They have hurt me to the core.

Why are they so pretty
while I’m so short and fat?
Why are they well when I am sick?
How can I live with that?

Does there seem a central theme
to this storm of misery?
How much or our angry and suffering
Comes from “I” and “me”?

The swirling storm inside our minds
comes from our own fear.
Anger, pride, and despair
Are the enemy’s lies we hear.

If we listen very close
When our pain is at it’s worst
It centers around “I” and “me”
and putting our self first.

God in his infinite wisdom
Has a better plan for our life
By casting down all of our fear
we can overcome the strife.

We need to remove “I” and “me”
From the center of the storm
We need to replace it with his love
And make this our new norm.

God gives us all the answers
All we have to do is look.
It is there for us to read
in God’s life instruction book.

God tells us he is first,
then all others; we are last.
To live in love and forgiveness
And not dwell on our past.

God’s desire for all of us
Is to be his shining light.
To walk upright, to be honest
And always do what’s right.

And as the world surrounds us
With trouble and despair
We’re at peace in the eye of the storm
Because God is always there.


By William C. Scheel II
          (Bill)       (Shale)
February 3, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment